The following posts are my build and running guide for the SimFeedback – SFX-100 motion sim platform. You can find the official source designs, plans and software on Saxxon66’s github repo here https://github.com/SimFeedback/SimFeedback-AC-Servo/wiki it’s a an affordable DIY platform mover design comprising 4 actuators and control software.
If you donate via the SimFeedback software (you’ll find the link in the software) you’ll get access to both expert mode and the official Discord channel which has a bunch of people to help you out if you get stuck – importantly you support the development of this pretty amazing platform.
This section of my site is dedicated to a bit extra info and my experiences with the platform. As it’s an open source design I figure it’s my way of giving back to the project. Please if you have any questions of the official project join the Owners Discord by donating and asking there.
- 21st Jan 2019 – Added a link on (1) to Hugo’s shopping list.
- 14th Jan 2019 – Added video on (3) which has a good little bit on the actuator assembly (in German)
- 13th Jan 2019 – Minor wording tweaks for the review for skill reqd. Added new post for the building the controller box
- 12th Jan 2019 – Updates to the review, added diagram – added 2 power usage videos
- 11th Jan 2019 – Updated build guides (1) and (3) to include notes about calibrating 3d printer
- 11th Jan 2019 – Added review of the platform
- 9th Jan 2019 – Here’s my build guide to date..